Thursday, August 26, 2004

Panic at 29 with a week to go 'till 30

I was going to write about Farenheit 9/11 because I finally got to watch it and discuss how utterly disgusted I was by the end of it. And then, I was going to perhaps continue my blathering about Exorcist: The Beginning, but I am instead opting to bemoan about my impending birthday.

It is next Wednesday (September 1st for you folks without calendars) and I will be 30.

That's when half my life will be over.

It seems though that all I do lately is cry over it but who wouldn't when all they ponder is the fact that they certainly are not where they want to be in life and currently cannot find one man, who is man enough to be with them.

At least the ones that I am interested in.

MsP told me to suck it up and that basically getting to where you want to be requires discipline and that the fact that I am back in school and at least doing what I want to do on some intermediate level at my job (technical stuff) is enough to be proud of, and she is right.

But it's still depressing and altogether sad, but what can you do, right?

People say that when you least expect or when you are totally fed up that that is when love will smack you in the face.

In my case, I think I will need to be bitch-slapped.

I don't know...it is not like I have it hard or easy, I am somewhere in between and as long as I can keep looking at life straight down the middle, I should be alright.

Right?

right.

Well, I am going to get my ass in gear and update some more reviews soon but as you can see my mind is wandering on down the road that is "getting older" and there isn't much more I can focus on at the moment.

At least, not until I have some wine this evening and perhaps go on a movie love fest.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

::bitch slap::

Oh, you meant on your birthday. Ooops.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

CY!!!!

Where have you been? The Himalayas? Fiji? Tahiti? Hawaii?

And if you slap me again prepare to die!

LOL

3:50 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Hey there.. Just stopping by to say hi. I have a blog here, but my main one is at: www.20six.co.uk/felinevamp

8:54 PM  
Blogger BekkaPoo said...

Well you can rest well knowing that.. "WE ALL GONNA DIE!" At least one of these days. But before you fully expire at least you can say to yourself that people read your blog and enjoyed it.. =) Gotta look at the (albeit morbid) brightside.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sheesh. I've been busy handing out bitch-slaps. Wait your turn. ::smiles::

10:37 PM  
Blogger DeAnn said...

You WILL be all right. And more. You will be fabulous. Thirty is nothing. Some of the most magnificent people I know became truly great at 30 and beyond. It's a great decade.

Get back to me at 40 and I'll try to pep talk you again!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Ari said...

MsP (bekkapoo), Cy and Deann you guys are some kickin' friends and I appreciate your pep-talks.

Even if I am a bit scared that Cy will hurt me...LOL

Deann, I will come and whine again at 40 I'm sure.

:shivers:

And, Catwoman welcome to the fold, I will go check your blog out and thanks for the hello :D

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home