Tuesday, August 17, 2004

The Bourne Supremacy Review

Dkzone stated in my upcoming reviews comments that:

"Bourne supremacy was mediocre. The main character is dry as the mojave."

Shame, shame, shame on you, Dk.

According to my notes, it was a slam dunk and I was actually happy the "main character" i.e. Jason Bourne was not exactly an emotional wreck.

Why would a super-spy out to find the truth and can kick ass like wild fire have to be all emotional? Is it not enough that he wants revenge for his lover's death and at the same time find the truth about himself? Does he have to cry about it?

I don't think so. And personally, I would have to kick him out of bed if he did.

sucker

Ok, so anyway onto my review. This movie rocked my socks off and I liked it even better than the first installment. I cannot wait for the last [third] movie because it will make one of the better dvd collections out there.



I figured I could ramble on about how great it was but instead I am just going to post the notes I wrote down when I watched it.

Yeah, this should be fun.

a cinematic feast for the eyes

classy stylish and lush

kept in tune with the ongoing plot i love when they actually accomplish this

young damon playing a spy didn't sit right with me but he does such a great job at being stony faced

impressed with real-time speed when kicking butt and then making a cell phone turn into a transistor in seconds flat, no lolly-gagging around, in sync with real life training

excellent


These were all simple notes jotted down during chase scenes (some of the best I have seen), martial arts showdowns, and realizations coming into play.

It really a great movie and if you can get the opportunity to see it, you should. A great escape with a hero that you can cheer on as he goes through changes internally and externally and comes to terms with who and what he is.

And he isn't crying into his milk when he does.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dkzone
What I meant by dry was that he had no personality. I can get down with his ass kickin, but the man had the personality of a toaster.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

I guess my point was what kind of personality is he supposed to have while running for his life? I think enough came through that perhaps in the 3rd installment that might all change. This particular entry was strictly action oriented along with moving the story along.

6:47 AM  
Blogger DeAnn said...

I'm going to have to skip reading this post, since I haven't even seen "The Bourne Identity" yet!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home