Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Troy Review

Well, I know that I said that I would have a review for you on this movie and that there were a couple of parts that I enjoyed...so here it goes.

It was only like 15 minutes into the movie...but then you can probably guess why that is in a bit.

The first scene that I liked was when Achilles was proving that he can run really fast, then swing on a big guy and quickly stab him without even thinking, right in the neck.



That was cool. I thought there would more cool scenes like that.

There weren't.

Anyway, the other scene I liked and it was the last part of the movie I saw, was when Achilles mom tells him:

"If you stay in Larissa, you will find peace.
You will find a wonderful woman, and you will have sons and daughters,
who will have children. And they'll all love you and remember your name.
But when your children are dead, and their children after them,
your name will be forgotten...
If you go to Troy, glory will be yours.
They will write stories about your victories in thousands of years!
And the world will remember your name.
But if you go to Troy, you will never come back...
for your glory walks hand-in-hand with your doom.
And I shall never see you again. "


I love this scene because it truly makes you feel like the insignificant speck that you are and to say fuck it sometimes. weep


"The ego can pull the sanest man into insanity."
~Ahta

I just came up with that, "write that down"


After that part, I turned it off because the image of Brad Pitt showing off his bronzed cheekbones and looking towards the sun hearing the clang of destiny ring through the land (and his pea-sized brain) was a bit too much for me and so I had to turn the melodrama off.

Truth be told, the best actor in this film was cutie Eric Bana and to say that I was thrilled that they covered up his big ears so that he would be the perfect speciman of man-flesh I have ever seen would be an over-exaggeration.

Orlando, you looked quite nice too, albeit a tad too young.

By the way, I was talking with a fellow blogger named Deanna (great gal) and she commented that she absolutely did not like this movie. Now, I think I mentioned why I couldn't stomach it but perhaps she has a more sensible answer than me since I tend to be shallow and unaffected by any real plot.

And to Brad, you are still the most beautiful man alive, don't ever let anyone tell you any different, but seriously, stick with the wack-a-doo roles because you seem to do them justice.

So there you have it, my small but "eh" review.

5 Comments:

Blogger DeAnn said...

If you really want my take on "Troy" (and I know you do!!), go here:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L20713519

which also is here:

http://deannarchive.blogspot.com/2004_05_01_deannarchive_archive.html#108484034398859260

But the link might be too long.

You will have to wait for it to load and load and load until the first words on the page are "Brad Pitt is yummy." If you can't get it to load that way, just to here: http://deannarchive.blogspot.com/ make sure you're in May (archives links are on the side of the page, or May is here: http://deannarchive.blogspot.com/2004_05_01_deannarchive_archive.html) and then scroll to Monday, May 17. It's the second post of that day.

Sorry for the long comments, but I thought you might want to read my take on the movie, which I wrote way back after having just seen it!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Hahah, the "long" comment is always appreciated!

I read your review and I JUST KNEW you would have a bit more insight into the actual flick.

I did mention I turned it off way too early right?

Now on the other hand, I might hae to re-watch it just so that I can see it as you saw it and perhaps stomach it one more time.

Thanks for giving me your two cents, Deanna! :D

1:49 PM  
Blogger DeAnn said...

Another reason to watch is to hear the line "Will it ever end?" Too perfect.

10:19 PM  
Blogger DeAnn said...

I meant, "When will it end?" Or something like that.

Obviously, it's not all that memorable!

1:54 AM  
Blogger Ari said...

LOL. Right?

Yes, that is actually one of the reasons I am going to go back and watch it again.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home