Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Drunk-Dialing : It's not just for kids anymore

Cab and I were online last night just laughing it up while watching Malibu's Most Wanted on opposite polar planes of the country, when I realized that I was stinkin' drunk.

Mind you, we both had been popping back shots of tequila via webcam (and incognito, as well) for about an hour and a half. On top of that, I was also drinking some rather fine Pinot finally and was yukking it up with MsP as she smoked her bidis on the porch.

So, a good time was had by all (including John who is another buddy of mine), until I had to log off because my Yahoo was acting up and I got fed up.

In turn, I proceeded to call my latent of late booty-call, found out his back got hurt and I didn't even feign concern. I think I was even snickering a bit. Hung up with him and came to the decision, that I probably won't be hearing much from him.

Oh, well. So...

I then had the bright idea to dial up my co-worker and good friend, up in Colorado where he is on vacation and what ensued from the conversation would make any grown woman curl up in a ball after remembering it.

Me: SooooOOOooooooo...what are you doing? (slurring)
Him: I'm hanging with a few of my friends. How are you?
Me: I'm drunk, so I might as well let you know that (right now)
Him: Aaaah, I see.
Me: SooooooOOOOOooooo, did you get your haircut? (batting eyelashes)
Him: Yes.
Me: CooooOOooool. So, any chicks flocking to you now? (slurring AND giggling)
Him: Yep, there are a couple of bar-hoes right on my arm as we speak.
Me: Nice! You go, boy! So you know what's funny, oh co-worker of mine? ( voice is getting high now)
Him: What?
Me: I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissss you! *hiccup
Him: ....
Me: No, I really miss you! (inject sincerity here)
Him: Ohk...I miss you, too. (i hear vague laughter in his voice)
Me: I think you are like, um...one of the awesomest people I know!
Him: Well, I think you are pretty awesome, too.
Me: Pffft...! I love that I can get you! (huh?)
Him: What do you mean, get me? (insert confusion here)
Me: You know, like I get you! (slurring again)
Me: Like we are so the same age group...and...all that good stuff.
Him: Oh.
Me: So like man, these two reps at work (who shall remain anon) were really just getting on my last ner-...
Him: Uh, well, look kiddo I gotta go. I will talk to you soon, ok?
Me: (hiccup and a pause) Ohk...well then byyyyyyyyyeeeee

Then, I hung up the phone gently and ran into MsP's room and stated "Well, at least he answered the phone, right?"

She just looked at my red heated face and crazed eyes, and said, "You are out of your mind."

Ok, well she didn't actually say that, but I could tell that that was what she meant when she said, "Uh huh."

She is just so verbose sometimes. I went and played some REO after talking with the chatter monkey.

So, yeah I think he spotted some girl across the room and lost total interest in our conversation, or it could be that I wasn't making any type of sense and he wasn't going to pursue this course of yapping with me any further. OR, he didn't want to talk about work, which I could completely understand since he is on vacation for crying out loud.

So, I either thoroughly embarassed myself, or he isn't really caring (my choice!) and when he returns Monday it will be all good.

crush much, Ahta?

Sheddup!

clearly you should never be drunk with a phone around

*sigh

At least, I remember my conversations, not many people can say that.

yeah make yourself feel better, why dontchya?

Bleh!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dkzone
You crack me up drunk.
I would love to actualy watch the whole thing on webcam. That'd be great. I can picture you stalking around, full of energy, stumbling and whatnot.

But who am I to laugh. i call people while i'm drunk too, and say stuff like that. LOL

11:39 AM  
Blogger Ari said...

Who told you I stumble?

pfffft...!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ari,
I'm hurt you didn't include me in your text. We had a good IM conversation last night, or don't you remember. Lottssa laughs.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Hmmmm, I remember talking to my friend Fred and Cabell and then a Mr. John Gearon who I kept fazing out on every so often.

Is that who this is????

"LOL LOL LOL"

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, this is John. LOL LOL.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Hi!!!!! :D

I have added you into my slot o' fun :)

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. What happens if I get an account. Who would have my email address? I can't give it out to too many people.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stumbled across your blog (but I was completely sober. I swear. Really.)

I have learned that if I'm going to tie one on, so to speak, to hide all my phones prior to opening the first drink. Then, by the time the idea that someone I haven't spoken to in five years REALLY needs an update on my life RIGHT THEN, it's too much of a pain in the ass to find the damn phones.

Next time I am in the mood to drink, I'm hiding the power cord for my computer - the part of my brain that is devoted to embarassing me has switched from drunk dialing to inebriated e-mailing ... or worse, intoxicated IMming ...

2:14 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Well at least with emailing and im'ing you can always say

"that wasn't me it was the ________!"

cat, dog, roomie, mom, dad, whomeverHeh!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

John, I think there is an option to have your email invisible so its not available. I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home