Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Thunderbirds

Man, does this movie look like it's gonna suck or what?

Directed by Jonathan Frakes a.k.a. "Number One" from Star Trek: The Next Generation, it's a disaster in the making I'm sure. Just look at Clockstoppers, did you think that was any good?

I mean I loved looking at the extra-cute Johnny Lee Miller clone, Jesse Bradford, but that movie just wasn't paying-for-a-$10-ticket-worthy.

Although, Fred Mustard Stewart...oops! French Stewart was pretty darn funny as a pale scientist.

I used to love the original TV series when they re-ran it for a couple of years when I was younger, but looking back at it now, even that wasn't anything to run home and tell momma about.

With a mediocre, dull director and a bunch of tired special effects, I am pretty sure this is one movie I am gonna sit out.

bLURb

"The plot for the new 'Thunderbirds' is basically a larger-scale replica of 'Spy Kids,' again removing the experienced secret agent adults from the picture for most of the film so the kids alone can rise to the challenge and learn some valuable lessons, as well as use neato gadgets to save the world. It's tiring to see such larceny, especially when the series itself focused on multi-generational teamwork and family to build adventure. "

~an imdb.com critic


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dzone
If you actually went out to see this, without some little kid making you. I'd seriously have to make fun of you.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Dude, did you not read my post?

DUh.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've found 'reading' and 'comprehending' are two different things.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dkzone
My comment is a comment on anybody going out to see this thing. I never said that YOU were going to see it. Hell I don't even think about it until i'm forced to see some comercial for it, even then after the first 20 seconds I tune it right out. LOL

But who are you kidding you know you'd only check it out on the bootleg tip anyways! Just keepin it real. LOL

11:02 AM  
Blogger Ari said...

Actually, you said "you" twice, I would say that's more than sufficient.

Anyway, I get your point but still man, ... :P

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home