Thursday, September 30, 2004

The Forgotten -review-




The Forgotten...what can I say?

I know!



That I wish I could forget this movie...wait, wait...wait...there it went!


yessss!


Whew! Close call.

Ok folks. Sorry, that's all the review I have for you today.


.

..

...

.

..

...

.

..

...



I keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

While the premise is good (mother loses son, is told she never had one, then promptly tells people to go F-themselves, then goes on a search to find the truth), the preview plot seemed a bit misleading. I was expecting horror on the level of ghostly apparitions or something along those lines. But to me it just seemed like one big FBI cover-up after another.

It's a sad day when FBI cover-ups become cliche *insert rolling eyes here*

This was my 2nd attempt at finishing this movie and I was really digging it but the constant thought going through my mind was in re: to the kid who played Julianne Moore's son (Christopher Kovaleski) in the movie.

Everytime they showed a flashback to the impending plane of doom take-off (in which, the kids supposedly died afterwards) I just kept thinking, "Why is that kid's arms so darn skinny? Someone get that kid some milk and a P & B sammich, STAT!!!!!"

As you can see, I wasn't really fully concentrating at some points.

I honestly believe that Julianne Moore took this role because many women in her age group of actors, has done some kind of macabre life-altering "thriller" at one point or another and most have flourished.

Michelle Pfeiffer immediately comes to mind with What Lies Beneath, but then Michelle has all that preternatural hotness going for her and she starred with Harrison Ford.

And while, I think Julianne is a fine looking woman, she can be kind of scary looking at times. Which oddly enough makes her the perfect choice for this type of flick. Running scared with lustrous red hair a-flowing but pale and tight-lipped as the day is long.

Back to the movie, Ahta.

Ok, ok...so yeah, I won't totally spoil the ending for you (and you wouldn't even know if I did unless if you saw the movie) except it's so not what you think it is, and I don't know, maybe that's a good thing. But it's a bad thing if the ending isn't what you expected AND then it sucked.

Many people enjoyed this movie but I don't know...maybe they were abducted by aliens and made to forget that they originally hated this movie and now love it.

Your guess is as good as mine.

If anyone watches this movie and finds it fully satisfying (this coming from the gal who loves Resident Evil: Apocalypse, no less) just let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ari said...

I am posting a comment for Deann since I am needy and drunk.

You will HATE this movie. Or love it. Not sure.

Have fun on your trip, chica.

10:04 PM  
Blogger DeAnn said...

You're awesome, just so you know.

I thought it looked good, but mainly because it has that hot hot hot guy from "The Wire" in it. Dominic West or something like that?

I think I'll wait for the video.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home