Monday, January 16, 2006

Ultraviolet -preview-



Plot:

"Set in the late 21st century, a subculture of humans have emerged who have been modified genetically by a vampire-like disease (Hemophagia), giving them enhanced speed, incredible stamina and acute intelligence, and as they are set apart from "normal" and "healthy" humans, the world is pushed to the brink of worldwide civil war (a war between humans and hemophages) aimed at the destruction of the "diseased" population. In the middle of this crossed-fire is - an infected woman - Ultraviolet (played by Milla Jovovich), who finds herself protecting a nine-year-old boy who has been marked for death by the human government as he is believed to be a threat to humans. Source

Starring Milla Jovovich, who I just love and adore, and a lot of other people I never heard of, this movie seems like it will be an absolute blast to watch.

Supposedly, she does a lot of martial arts and swordplay, so that hits the "rocking on high volume" meter for me every time.

It reminds me of Blade in some fashion but since the society that she lives in is a bit different, hopefully it won't be too reminiscent of that series.

I normally cannot stand the thought of any humans under the age of 17 in the movies I enjoy, but I guess I can put this aside to see Milla kicking some major ass and looking fine as hell.

Oh, the things that we do for our fleeting moment of enjoyment.

Anyway, according to imdb.com, the movie seems to be complete, so it should be out this summer hopefully, and hopefully it won't be a total bomb.

You can view a trailer here.

9 Comments:

Blogger DeAnn said...

I hated "Blade," don't like Milla, and have no interest in this.

Am I crazy? (Don't hate me.)

6:21 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Of course you aren't crazy...lol!! I respect that you may not fully enjoy fluff as much as I do, it's always good to have varying opinions on things...lol. Personally, the only Blade I liked was the comic, but hey, being fanatic I dug the first movie, as well. The rest? Not so much.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know this is a kinda remake movie version of a short lived UK series of the same name...it was much better imo...this is like the love child of blade and resident evil with a dash of the fifth element and uwe boll's ghost.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Ari said...

Vibeke, I did not know all of that. Cool of you to add some tidbits to this film's plot.

Missed seeing you around the boards :)

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it also reminds me a little of Equilbrium... She looks fabulous,I adore her as well and I think she is a kick ass action star and seeing a lady kick butt is the best kind of film! :)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

I actually think the guy who directed Equilibrium made this film also, so you know it will be fun!

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im reserving judgement until I actually see it, though I have to say Milla is hot. Does anyone know the artist/title of the song that plays during the last half of the preview?

1:56 AM  
Blogger Ste7en said...

I wanted to see this, but heard from SO many that it sucked, that I didn't go. Did you see it or not?

9:32 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

I mention it in my lastest entry.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home