Thursday, July 29, 2004

RoboCop

You know for the most part, late 80's movies really kinda sucked but then there were a couple here and there that although you know won't hold up all these years later, you can always still enjoy watching them over and over.

One of those movies for me is Robocop.



Peter Weller as the horribly mutilated murdered cop turned steel avenger is something I covet even until this day.

He was the closest thing I was going to get to Judge Dredd aand that was ok, the theme was the same. Judge, jury and executioner. And it was way better than the god-awful movie they eventually put out anyway.

Now...if you promise not to tell anyone, I will tell you a secret.

I even played the videogame. Remember when Nintendo (NES) was the only "cool" console available? Well, they had a Robocop game, it was a side scroller and I played it. Sure it sucked but sometimes that's not the point.

Killing criminals is.

you promised not to tell, remember?

Maybe it was the gore of the movie, or the soundtrack or the fact that I love the saying, "Dead or alive, you're coming with me" always stated in a monotone voice, that for me was true justice.

Or maybe it was just one of the few movies that me and my Dad got to go see together and we would laugh at the irony and chaos that ensued from the screen. We both have the same sick sense of humour.

Robocop is a titanium cowboy with love for his family and hate for the scum of the earth, not much more can be said than that.

thank you for your cooperation, good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home