Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Birth -review-

Hey ya'll, I am back at least for a few reviews. I couldn't let this movie (and a few others) go without some commentary.



Birth tries very hard to follow in the footsteps of Kubrick and others and knowing how Nicole Kidman absolutely loves being in movies like these (Eyes Wide Shut, To Die For, etc.) this movie just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

It uses way to much music to draw out a scene and drag you in to...nothing.

I actually don't like the premise of a reincarnated husband in the form of a 10-year old because it doesn't leave much room for any grown-up innuendoes, like in Chances Are. I adore this movie, by the way. I don't know why, I just do.

Personally, I didn't get how this kid all of a sudden "became" her dead husband anyway. When did he remember? What's up with that? I turned it off after the bathtub scene...ok, maybe I waited a bit longer, but to me the whole movie was just tragic.

Oh wait! I turned it off after Kidman's "fiance" beats the kid! Yeah, see I knew I stayed on this movie a bit longer for something!

Anyway, I knew this movie would be an artistic suckfest (Or can it? reference, but I didn't think it would be totally uninteresting as well.

God, some people just need to look into tanning salons, they really aren't all that bad, yanno? Too many pale people in this movie, not healthy pale either.

Gah, I am boring myself the more I write about it.

Her hair, did I mention her hair? I hated it, I was reminded of Annette Bening from In Dreams, one of my all-time favorite movies.

It sucked.

I can't wait till Alexander comes out, I have a feeling that will suck too, but Angelina is so damn hot, I don't even care.


2 Comments:

Blogger DeAnn said...

Yay, yay, yay! So glad you're back. And I'm back.

I still want to see Birth, though.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Ari said...

Yay! for both of us :D

Yes, definitely go see it because I would love to hear your opinion on it.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home