Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Alfie -review-

Alfie starring Jude Law is a remake on the Michael Caine version (thanks Deann!) and it's rather funny but painfully apparent that it doesn't do well as a remake or in helping the main character out in any way.

Usually with "life-changing" stories you leave the movie feeling like the character has changed for the better in some way or at least that some epiphany has occurred.

Not in this flick.

MsP and I, I must say have never enjoyed looking at Law as much as we did in this movie, and there were times that we literally had to laugh like little old biddies and fan ourselves because he is that terribly hot.

I mean he is unbearably hot...like Sahara hot, Africa hot...I think you get my drift.

He is a great lady killer to be sure, but you almost hate him at some points because he is totally oblivious to how he treats and then discards women, then he comes sculking back when he is faced with the inevitable truth that he will end up all alone if he keeps going down the same path that he has been following his whole life.

Sad, indeed. But hey, who wants Law to be in a relationship anyway? I mean, that would totally destroy any damn fantasies I might have...darnit!

All the women were just lovely (although not really fleshed out too much) and I especially enjoyed seeing Nia Long, I have not seen her in a film in a while and her and Law getting it on was a sight to behold.

Omar Epps was a great filler character as well, but they don't really establish their best friend status (supposedly) very often. Seems more like a wing-man situtation when really called upon and the deception that seperates them in the end almost seems like it was bound to happen and the relationship wouldn't have been able to handle much at that point.

Anyway, I am not sure if I liked the movie or not. I might have to rewatch it someday. It was entertaining for a while, but I guess it boils down to in the end, he was still probably an ass.

4 Comments:

Blogger DeAnn said...

I'm so jealous that you've seen this already, even if you didn't like it. The eye candy is enough for me!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

HA! In this case I am loving that you are jealous...yes, be jealous of me seeing the luscious Law first...mwhahahahaha! :D

There is enough eye candy though to make a grown woman whimper...!

4:52 PM  
Blogger DeAnn said...

My boyfriend probably would watch it for the eye candy too, actually. Because we both agree that Sadie Miller is too hot for Jude Law.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Ari said...

Blasphemy!

*covers ears*

I actually think that Nia Long is way better looking than her, but that's just me.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home