Friday, August 06, 2004

Did You Know That Your Computer is The Devil?

Well it is.

I was watching Catwoman last night on my computer and me and MsP were enjoying it thoroughly and then it ended and then my computer decided to let me know that she wasn't going to work.

Ever again.

I could tell by the tiny clue from her screen stating, "Insert Boot Disk into Drive".

I then proceeded to freak out and curse her seven ways from Sunday.

I gave her evil looks, prayed to the goddesses, threw an altar up around her in hopes that she would cease and desist her impetuousness. Sacrificed three chickens and a baby lamb in her name. I even rubbed her steely case because I know she enjoys that from time to time.

But she didn't give in, she just sat there, requesting a disk in her belly, after every restart and every cold shut down.

I finally called my co-worker frantically requesting assistance.

He didn't answer. Damn him for having a life!

So I just sulked, moaned, groaned and threw my hands up to the sky and whispered, "Oh the humanity!", crawled into my bed, wrapped myself up like a burrito and blissfully went to bed.

I dreamed all night of my ex fixing my computer. It was weird.

I woke up this morning, started her ass up and you know what?

Dreams come true, because after a half an hour disk scan she booted up and worked charmingly.

I saw that "a serious session error has been fixed", and I knew that I would never let her go without a good maintanence check again.

I shut her down before leaving to work. Gazed up on her eggshell white beauty and bid adieu until I would clean her out and make her brand new, so as to never, ever be in angst over this matter again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Out of curiousity, was this the same co-worker you called ... ummmm ... a bit sloshed the other night?

11:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hah! But I can post one on yours!

No wonder he didn't answer ...

::ducking::

12:43 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

You are so dying a horrible death

heh

I think my browser at work is SCrewed!

Muah!

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home